PacStar Modular Data Centre (MDC)
PacStar Modular Data Centre (MDC) is a COTS-based, modular, tactical and expeditionary, rugged data center capable of hosting cloud/storage, AI, and analytics applications.
PacStar MDC uses proven small form factor modules for compute, storage and networking functions with industry leading reduction in Size, Weight and Power (SWaP).
PacStar MDC can be deployed dismounted, in FOBs, command posts, ground vehicles and aircraft, as well as in upper echelons – for military, intelligence, law enforcement, and homeland and security use. PacStar MDC provides converged compute/storage/networking at the edge of the network, supporting a diverse array of use cases in disconnected, intermittent and limited environments including:
• Hosting situational awareness, mission command and C2 applications
• Supporting SIGINT, HUMINT and IMINT data gathering and analytics workloads
• Supporting emerging IoT and sensor fusion-based applications
• Unifying access to data and applications from enterprise to the tactical edge
• Hosting compute and storage-intensive networking, cybersecurity and VDI solutions
PacStar MDC uses PacStar 400-Series modular platform designed to maximize
capabilities with the smallest SWaP possible – enabling high amounts of storage at the edge without sacrificing mobility. The modular nature of PacStar MDC enables programs to optimize the CPU, RAM, and storage capabilities of the fielded solution, depending on the specific use case. PacStar MDC configurations can include eight servers, five servers and one hyper-convergence module, or two servers and two hyper-convergence modules. Additional customization is possible with other PacStar 400-Series modules.